Fort Worth Auto Accident Attorney | Fort Worth Car Wreck Lawyer | Fort Worth Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Fort Worth area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Fort Worth, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Fort Worth area.
When Should You Hire a Fort Worth Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Fort Worth, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Fort Worth auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Fort Worth auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Fort Worth car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Fort Worth Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Fort Worth car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Fort Worth area and in all areas of Tarrant County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Fort Worth, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Fort Worth accident attorney.
Fort Worth Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Fort Worth you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Fort Worth will try to successfully handle your Fort Worth car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to a Fort Worth bad faith insurance claim.
Fort Worth Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Fort Worth Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Fort Worth area. Fort Worth Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Fort Worth Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Fort Worth Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Fort Worth, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Fort Worth fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Fort Worth auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (817) 392-6850;
- As soon as you are able, call a Fort Worth car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Fort Worth ambulance, you can later get information at:
Fort Worth EMS or Fort Worth Fire Department
715 Texas Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Fort Worth, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Fort Worth Police Department (FPD): (817) 392-4200
Tarrant County Precinct 5: (817) 884-1438
Tarrant County Precinct 6: (817) 370-4525
Tarrant County Sheriff: (817) 531-7634
Other reasons to retain a Fort Worth, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Tarrant County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Fort Worth, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Tarrant County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Fort Worth car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Fort Worth will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
A Fort Worth injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Fort Worth car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Tarrant County Civil Courts or Tarrant County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Fort Worth trial courts include:
Tarrant County 17th Civil District Court
Tarrant County 236th Civil District Court
Tarrant County 342nd Civil District Court
Tarrant County 348th Civil District Court
- If your Fort Worth injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Fort Worth tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Fort Worth involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Fort Worth Residents
Fort Worth Area
USMD Hospital at Fort Worth
Texas Health Specialty Hospital
Tarrant County Hospital District
Fort Worth Area
Fort Worth Tire & Services
Fleet Car Repair
Fort Worth Area
Automotive Rentals Inc
Budget Rent A Car
Hertz Local Edition
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Fort Worth area or anywhere in Tarrant County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Fort Worth vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Fort Worth and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Arlington, Avondale, Azle, Bedford, Benbrook, Blue Mound, Boyd, Burleson, Colleyville, Coppell, Crowley, Dalworthington Gardens, Duncanville, Edgecliff Village, Euless, Everman, Forest Hill, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Haltom City, Haslet, Hurst, Irving, Keller, Kennedale, Lake Worth, Lakeside, Mansfield, Midlothian, North Richland Hills, Pantego, Pecan Acres, Pelican Bay, Rendon, Reno, Rhome, Richland Hills, River Oaks, Saginaw, Sanctuary, Sansom Park, Southlake, Watauga, Weatherford, Westlake, Westover Hills, White Settlement, Willow Park, areas in the vicinity of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and other communities in Denton County, Johnson County, Parker County, Tarrant County, and Wise County.